Why Lafayette Federal Credit Union?
Lafayette Federal Credit Union has been serving members in the Washington, D.C. area for 80 years. We got our start in 1935, during the Great Depression. Needless to say, we understand the value of a dollar.
Since it’s your money, we give you access to it whenever you want. That’s why we offer:
- 365/7/24 Account Access with Online Banking
- Mobile Banking App with Mobile Check Deposits
- One Touch Payments with Apple Pay™
- Free Online Bill Pay
- 78,000+ Surcharge-Free ATMs nationwide
Compare our ATM coverage to local competitors:
|Institution||# of ATMs|
|Bank of America||16,200|
Point your browser to atm.lfcu.org to find an ATM near you!
No Minimum Balance Requirements for Checking Accounts
When a bank uses terms like “free” and “no fee,” you can bet there’s a hefty minimum balance attached. At Lafayette Federal, we value all our members regardless of how much money they keep in their checking accounts.
Low, Competitive Rates on Auto Loans & Mortgages
Our auto loans feature:
- New, used, and fuel-efficient vehicles
- 36 to 84 month payment terms*
- Refinancing available
- Rates as low as 1.74% APR**
A Platinum Credit Card with No Annual Fee and Great Rewards
- Credit limits up to $50,000
- NO annual fees
- NO balance transfer fees
- Apple Pay capability
- EMV chip technology
- Free CURewards — earn points towards merchandise and travel on every dollar you spend.
- Flexible payment options‚ including automatic payment
- A 25-day grace period
- Online account access
We Pay Dividends
Because Lafayette is a not-for-profit organization, the profit we make gets returned to our members in the form of quarterly dividends on your accounts.
Check out our Loan Products and start saving today!
Here’s a list of just a few of the benefits you’ll receive when you get a mortgage loan with us:
- Lending in all 50 states
- First-time home buyer programs
- No Private Mortgage Insurance with as little as 5% down payment
- Competitive Rates
- 30 second automatic loan approvals
For more information on our mortgage products and details about our other types of loans:
Ever wondered what the difference is between a credit union and a bank?
There are a number of benefits to joining a credit union, learn more about the difference of Banks vs Credit Unions by downloading our PDF.
*$25‚000 minimum purchase price required for vehicle loan of 72 to 84 months. Add 2.00% to above pricing for all Overseas vehicle loans.
**APR = Annual Percentage Rate. Restrictions apply. May not be used in conjunction with other offers or promotions. Stated APR is the lowest rate available for qualified members and reflects 0.25% discount for Direct Deposit and automatic debit of loan payment from Checking Account with Lafayette Federal. Actual rate may be higher based on income and credit worthiness.